– Next mtg Mar-10, 2-4 pm
Posted by cjkrebs on February 16, 2013
Hope you’re enjoying the beautiful weather we’re having… here’s a quick chicken update:
1. HUGE THANK YOU to all who filled out our BARC survey… we were very impressed by the quantity and quality of feedback (almost 100 responses, wow!). Your feedback allows us to be better able to represent your interests, and continue pushing the core hen issues with the City.
2. We’ve had two meetings with BARC and the city lawyer, and anticipate at least one more meeting before a draft is released to stakeholder groups and for public comment. Soon we’ll need your help emailing council members; things will be heating up in March, so stay tuned!
3. Good meeting last Sunday… one result of which we’d like your help to beef up our website’s “Resources” page for the hen owning Houstonian. Send us your favorite source of information for chickens and we’ll add it to the website!
4. Thanks to the Houston Food Policy Workgroup for inviting us to speak last Wednesday. We appreciate your encouragement and suggestions!
1. Sunday March 10, 2 – 4 pm: Next meeting! Location TBA
2. Saturday April 6, 10 am – 2 pm: Earth Day at the Houston Arboretum. Come help us celebrate both Earth Day and our unofficial one-year anniversery. Want to volunteer for a 2 hr shift? Hang out with baby chicks and really neat people? Let us know!
Don’t forget to pick up your limited-edition Hens for Houston T-shirt at Quality Feed or delivered to your door thanks to MyChickenDiaries:
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hens for Houston